Sunday, September 4, 2011

Google+ Hangouts

I have a dream. A dream of a place where Football Pool Members can discuss and debate freely with each other. A place accessible to all with a Gmail account and an internet connection. A place where YouTube videos can be uploaded and video chat is possible (though perhaps not desired).

Today, I announce that my dream can become reality. There is such a place. And it is called Google+.

But one small step remains. Each pool member must be willing to join me and enter this new world. I implore you to through off the shackles of Facebook and join Google+.

A bit dramatic? Perhaps.

Some have you have already received from me (annoying?) emails about this. So far, three members of the pool have joined. Everything you need to know can probably be found here.

One of the good features of Google+ is the ability to create "circles" of friends. I have made a circle called "Football Pool." All who join Google+ from this pool will be put into this circle. Then when a game starts, I will create a hangout, and all who are in the Football Pool circle will be able to join it.

I think it's worth a try.

1 comment:

Jonathan McLeod said...

We did a hangout last night, and it worked nicely. Patrick, Joel, and myself "hung out." The rest of you: join us next time.