Thursday, December 1, 2011

Week 12 - John Sails to Victory Once Again

Week 12 Results

This week's winners:


  

John - 14-2 (+3)
Bob - 13-3 (+1)
Joel - 13-3 (+1)
Roger - 13-3 (+1)
Jarrett - 12-4
Jeremy - 11-5
Jonathan - 10-6
Patrick - 10-6

See what I did there? John...sailing...he's in the navy. Pretty clever, huh?

Following a couple of poor weeks earlier in November, John had been complaining that his navy duties were affecting his picks. But now after a strong week by Commander Couch and a poor week by Patrick, John is once again comfortably in first. It was thought that Patrick might pose a challenge to John, but, as Dennis Green might say, it seems he is who we thought he was.

A few notes: (1) Bob is now only 3.33 points behind Patrick. (2) Joel has surpassed Jeremy for Kuehner family bragging rights. (3) Roger is now tied with Jeremy in sixth place. (4) When interviewed, Jarrett thought he had missed only one week of picks instead of two.

The McLeod brothers might not be doing too well in the pool, but at least their Patriots are having another fine season. (Hey, wasn't there someone in this pool who kept saying the Jets were going to win the AFC East?) Unfortunately, the other favorite teams of the pool participants aren't doing so well (Jaguars, Bills, Browns, Eagles). And what's going on with Joel's Lions? After a Suh-weet start, their season is turning sour.

Here's a question for you: would you rather have your favorite team with the Super Bowl or you win the pool?


If John puts as much thought into his weekly picks as he did to construct the above apparatus, it's no wonder he's doing so well this season!

--Jonathan

Mr. Complacency no more. John pounds the mouse and thumps the keys to take solo first place in week 12. John's picks were the same as mine, except he picked BAL over SF. His picks were the same as Bob's, except he picked NYJ over BUF. John was right on both accounts.

In case no one noticed, Bob is now in second place in terms of Right-Wrong picks, with 118 to Pat's 117.  Roger also pulled off another strong week. Jarrett had a pretty good week as well, but will it be too little too late?

Best pick of the week: Broncos over Chargers. Kudos to the Tebow believers.

Worst pick of the week: Colts over Panthers. I said before that any Indy pick automatically gets worst pick of the week.

Critical game of the week: Niners at Ravens.

--Joel

Current Standings

3 comments:

John C said...

Best write up to date.

In case my boss reads this internationally syndicated football pool blog, I would like to clarify that my intent was to correlate my time at sea with my poor performance.

On a somewhat related note, the ship's executive officer is a big saints fan. I didnt make any friends cheering loudly for the Falcons during that go for it on your own 30 to give Patrick the win in OT.

The above apparatus served its purpose effectively for the duration of its useful life.

Jonathan McLeod said...

For the record, I would rather see the Patriots win the Super Bowl than me win the pool.

yesisaiditfirst said...

I want to win everything - cant get much lower than this week with two coaching changes (Caps/Jags), one ownership change (Jags) a brand new baseball GM (O's) - but they are my teams....and then John gains 10 points on me in the pool and I have Bob nipping at my heels?

Sorry Jonathan I'm not choosing but since I'm closer to catching John than the O's, Caps, and Jags are to a title I will concentrate on this for now. We call it the window of opportunity...

:)